Vacuum pumps work by pushing molecules of gas or air out of sealed chambers to generate a vacuum.
A vacuum is a condition in which the chamber pressure is less than the atmospheric pressure or adjacent systems. As opposed to an absolute vacuum, in which no molecules of gas exist, this is not a vacuum at all.
Atmospheric pressure, which is the weight of air pressing down on the earth, is one of the most important features of a vacuum pump.
The weight of air molecules decreases as one climbs higher, resulting in pressure. Machines, particularly vacuum pumps, are affected significantly by air pressure or atmospheric pressure.
When molecules travel from high to low regions to occupy a space, pressure tries to equalize them, which is based on the concept of forcing molecules.
Every pump is designed to convert energy into pressure. Depending on the atmospheric pressure, the amount of energy needed to run a pump changes. An efficient vacuum pump operates at a higher atmospheric pressure.
Considering atmospheric pressure plays such an important role in vacuum pump efficiency, it is also an important factor in the cost of operating a vacuum pump.
The cost of operating a vacuum pump varies based on temperature, humidity, and altitude.
Types of Vacuum-Pump
1. Oil Lubricated Vacuum-pumps
1. KLH Series (Single Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum-Pump)
KLH Series (Single Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum-Pump)
- KLH- 20
- 20 m³/hr *2 mbar vacuum *1 hp
- KLH- 40
- 40 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *1.5 hp
- KLH- 60
- 60 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *2 hp
- KLH- 100
- *100 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *3 hp
2. KLHD Series (Double Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum-Pump)
KLHD Series (Double Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum-Pump)
- KLHD- 0.5
- *50 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *0.25 hp
- KLHD- 1.00
- *100 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *0.33 hp
- KLHD- 1.50
- *150 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *0.5 hp
- KLHD- 2.50
- *250 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *1 hp
- KLHD- 3.00
- *300 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *1 hp
- KLHD- 4.00
- *400 LPM *0.06 pa Vacuum *1.5 hp
2. Dry Vacuum-Pumps
1. KDV-20 Dry Vacuum-Pump
KDV-20 Dry Vacuum-Pump
- KDV- 20
- *20 m³/hr *2 mbar Vacuum *1 hp
- KDV- 30
- *30 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *2 hp
- KDV- 40
- *40 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *2 hp
- KDV- 60
- *60 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *3 hp
- KDV- 80
- *80 m³/hr *0.3 mbar Vacuum *3 hp
2. KDF Series Diaphragm Vacuum-Pump
KDF Series Diaphragm Vacuum-Pumps
- *15 CFM *22 in/hg Vacuum *0.06 hp
- *25 CFM *22 in/hg Vacuum *0.06 hp
- *45 CFM *22 in/hg Vacuum *0.12 hp
- *75 CFM *22 in/hg Vacuum *0.25 hp
3. Liquid Ring Vacuum-pumps
1. KWRD Series Water Ring Vacuum-Pump (With Motor)
KWRD Series Water Ring Vacuum-Pump (With Motor)
- *100 m³/hr *660mm/hg Vacuum *5 hp
- *200 m³/hr *660mm/hg Vacuum *10 hp
- *250 m³/hr *660mm/hg Vacuum *10 hp
We hope you enjoyed a little more about vacuum pump works. These pumps are an excellent tool for many situations and are available for purchase through our website. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to visit our contact page. Thank you for reading, we would love to hear from you!
- Author – Kundan Kumar
- Instagram – kundan_14730